1. Determine the height of finished corner guard.
2. Measure and cut aluminum retainer and vinyl cover, reduce overall height by 5/16" for each end cap (top or bottom) required.
3. Drill aluminum retainer and install on corner with sheet metal screws.
4. Measure, cut and snap-on vinyl guard.
CAUTION: Do not glue on.
1. Aluminum retainers and vinyl guards may be ordered pre-cut.
2. If only top caps are used, then the corner guard must rest directly on the floor (not at top of cove base) to prevent
vinyl from sliding "down" after impact. Two caps should always be used when installed over carpet floors.
Back to the top
1. Mount brackets using appropriate fasteners for wall materials, (fasteners by others). Follow recommended spacing from
chart plus place a bracket within 6-12" of the end of each run, and on either side of any splice.
2. Measure and cut aluminum rail, making appropriate allowance for returns, inside/outside corners to aluminum rail
with (SMS) fasteners (by others).
Returns and Inside Corners
3. Mark, drill and fasten aluminum rail, with returns and inside corners, to brackets using fasteners by others.
(1/4" flathead bolt with locknut recommended).
CAUTION: Be sure aluminum rail is cut square to assure a neat joint when vinyl bumper strip is assembled and butted
to returns and corners. Insert splices (if needed) on runs over 12 feet. Attach returns and corners before assembling rail
NOTE FOR WG-2177: Insert toggle bolt through aluminum rail and through bracket then re-attach toggle and insert through wall.
Rigid PVC (Vinyl) has a class 1 Fire and Smoke Rating. Copies of tests are available upon request. Rigid PVC will not support
bacterial growth and has superior impact resistance.